| |     Ћирилица | Latinica  
Marriage registration
In order for the marriage officiated in the USA to be entered in the Register of Vital Records of the mutual residence or residence of one of the spouses in Serbia, it is necessary to provide the following documents:

- Completed request (form MS WORD or PDF format). Signature of the applicants must be notarized by the Notary Public.
- Completed statemenet of spouses (form MS WORD or PDF format). Signature of the spouses must be notarized by the Notary Public.
- Original U.S. Marriage Certificate, which is verified with an Apostille at the Office of Secretary of State – Office for Authentication Documents in the state in which the marriage was officiated
- Translation of the Marriage Certificate into Serbian
- Photo-copy of the spouses passport
- Photo-copy of the spouses Citizenship Certificate
- Money Order in the amount of $64.00 payable to the Embassy of the Republic of Serbia as a fee for the marriage registration.

Annotation: If this is not first marriage for the spouses, it is necessary to submit the Birth Certificate from the Office of Vital Records in the Republic of Serbia, in which under “annotations” it states that the previous marriage has been dissolved.

Incomplete applications will not be accepted and they will be returned to the applicant at their cost.

For additional information, please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy.

Print version
Consular services
Customs Information
Citizenship of the Republic of Serbia
Marriage registration
Transport of the Deceased to Serbia
Military Duty
Registration of foreigners to stay temporarily in Serbia
Bringing and import of pets or animals into Serbia
Other Services
Address and Hours